Welcome to our comprehensive guide on TestGorilla, a tool that is transforming the world of recruitment and job assessments. If you’ve landed a job opportunity that requires a TestGorilla assessment, or you’re simply exploring potential challenges in your job-seeking journey, you’re in the right place.
TestGorilla is a leading platform designed to assist companies in assessing prospective hires. The platform offers a wide range of tests, from job-specific skills such as coding or digital marketing, to more general skills like critical thinking. It even includes unique personality and value tests to get to know applicants beyond their resumes.
But what does this mean for you as a candidate? It means that you’re not just being evaluated on your professional skills and experiences, but also on your ability to think, reason, and fit within the company’s culture. The goal is to create a holistic picture of your potential as a prospective employee.
This guide aims to give you a comprehensive understanding of TestGorilla, its tests, and how to navigate them successfully. By the end of this article, we hope you’ll feel more confident and prepared for your upcoming TestGorilla assessment. So let’s dive in and explore together!
Understanding the TestGorilla Platform
TestGorilla is more than just an assessment tool—it’s a comprehensive platform designed to evaluate your aptitude and skills for a specific role. Let’s break down the key aspects you need to know.
Spectrum of Tests
TestGorilla offers a broad range of tests, each designed to assess different skills:
- Job-Specific Tests: These include tests for skills such as coding or digital marketing. They evaluate your ability to perform specific job-related tasks.
- General Skills Tests: These tests, like those for critical thinking, assess your capacity to think and reason in different scenarios.
- Personality and Value Tests: These unique tests are designed to get to know you as a person, ensuring that your values align with the company’s culture.
The Unique TestGorilla Assessment
Every company’s TestGorilla Assessment is unique, with a combination of custom and ready-made tests. This means:
- The assessment is tailored to the role you’re applying for.
- The exact tests in your assessment are not revealed until the assessment begins.
Test Duration and Structure
TestGorilla assessments vary in duration, but there are few key points to remember:
- The platform advises companies to keep assessments under an hour, but software development assessments might be longer.
- Each test is timed, with approximately 1 minute per question.
- You can skip questions, but you won’t have the chance to return to them later.
- You can’t pause a test once it’s started, but you can take as long as you want in between tests.
By understanding the TestGorilla platform and its tests, you’re already one step closer to acing your assessment. In the next sections, we’ll explore how past test-takers have experienced TestGorilla and offer some tips on how to prepare for your upcoming TestGorilla test.
Experiences of Past TestGorilla Test Takers
Many test takers have found the TestGorilla platform to be a valuable tool in their job application process. Here are some firsthand experiences and thoughts from past test takers:
- Ease of Use: TestGorilla has been praised for its user-friendly interface. It allows for the creation of custom assessments, as well as the ability to change the order of the tests/questions, which many test takers have found convenient1.
- Reliable Testing: Test takers have noted that TestGorilla’s assessments are reliable and designed to accurately measure real-life coding experience. This makes it a valuable tool for applicants seeking positions in software development or related fields2.
- Data-Driven Hiring Decisions: One of the standout features of TestGorilla, according to past test takers, is its data-driven approach to hiring decisions. This means that your skills and qualifications are assessed objectively, which can help to reduce bias in the hiring process.
Despite these positive experiences, there have been challenges as well. The unique structure of the TestGorilla assessments and their harsh time constraints have reportedly been significant issues for many applicants. Both fresh members of the workforce and experienced professionals looking for their next career move have faced these challenges.
Here are some user quotes from past test-takers that can share additional insights:
- Martino Mensio: “The fairest hiring procedure! I used TestGorilla for the first round of selections at a company, and I was very happy with the outcome. Hiring becomes based on skills and not on random \”style\” of the CV looked by someone at HR who does not know the technical subject.”
- C Davies: “The test was challenging but fair. The process was super smooth and simple to use. So much better than the old-fashioned way of applying for jobs with CVs and cover letters (does anyone even read those things???) It felt good to show my actual skills and abilities and know that the employer would see my true worth.”
- Brice Van Huffel: “Great experience as a candidate, first time I am tested on my skills and not on the companies I worked for. I did not even have to write a Cover Letter and modify my CV to match with the offer of the company. The process used by the company was extremely quick, one assessment with some tests and 2 shorts interviews and I was hired!”
- Adeyemi Adedamola: “It was indeed a great experience I must confess. It was an helpful insight to me and everyone out there that must have participated in this assessment. To think that majority of accounting graduates out there have lost track of accounting rudiments, this has helped in refreshing my brain. The part where my answers were been reviewed was the best part of this assessment if not for the displayed correct answers afterwards I already scored my self everything to think that I was a scholar and was so sure I won’t miss any of it. It was indeed a super great experience.”
- Charlène Devismes Hughes: “First time I get hired based on my skills not purely my resume or interviews, I felt this was a fair way to get selected and I did get the job. I also enjoyed being able to discover the skills I performed the best at! Overall it was a good experience and I trust this type of tools will be used a lot more in the future.”
These experiences provide some valuable insights into what you can expect when taking a TestGorilla assessment. Remember, every test taker’s experience is unique, and the best way to prepare is by understanding the testing process and practicing as much as possible.
How to Prepare for a TestGorilla Test
Preparing for a TestGorilla assessment might seem daunting due to its unique structure and the variety of potential tests. However, with the right approach and resources, you can confidently face this challenge. Here are some strategies to help you prepare effectively:
Understand the Test Format and Content
First and foremost, familiarize yourself with the TestGorilla platform and the types of tests you might encounter:
- Job-Specific Tests: If you know you’ll be tested on specific skills, such as coding or digital marketing, make sure to review and practice these skills beforehand.
- General Skills Tests: For tests like critical thinking, practice logical reasoning problems and look for resources that can help you improve these skills.
- Personality and Value Tests: Reflect on your values, strengths, and weaknesses. This can help you answer questions honestly and consistently.
Remember, each test is timed, with an average of 1 minute per question, and you can’t return to skipped questions. Practicing under these conditions can help you manage your time effectively during the actual test.
Practice with Similar Assessments
The best way to prepare for a TestGorilla assessment is to practice with similar tests. This can help you become comfortable with the format and time constraints, and it can give you a sense of the types of questions you might encounter.
If you’re preparing for a job-specific test, look for practice tests or problems in that area. For example, if you’re preparing for a coding test, you might practice with coding problems on platforms like LeetCode or HackerRank.
Here one test-taker tip on were to find practice tests for the TestGorilla assessments:
“On the website of test gorilla you can find a practice test (for employers, to try out the product), these were exactly the practice questions you get in the real test before the assessment starts (https://app.testgorilla.com/preview/387460).”Anonymous on preplounge.com
Brush Up on Basic Skills
Even if you’re applying for a specific role, it’s a good idea to brush up on basic skills that are commonly tested, such as:
- Numeracy: Practice your mental maths and data interpretation skills. There are many online resources available for this, including Khan Academy and BBC Skillswise.
- Verbal Reasoning: Improve your reading comprehension and critical reading skills. You might find it helpful to read a variety of texts and practice summarizing them or drawing conclusions from them.
- Logical Reasoning: Look for resources that can help you practice both inductive and deductive logical reasoning problems.
Take Care of Your Physical and Mental Health
Finally, remember that your physical and mental health can significantly impact your performance on the test. Make sure to get a good night’s sleep before the test, eat a healthy meal, and take breaks during your preparation to avoid burnout. If you’re feeling anxious, techniques like deep breathing or meditation can help you stay calm and focused.
By following these strategies, you can prepare effectively for your upcoming TestGorilla test and give yourself the best chance of success.
Frequently Asked Questions
Navigating a new testing platform can be challenging, and it’s natural to have questions. Here are answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about TestGorilla:
TestGorilla is an interactive psychometric test platform designed to help companies assess prospective hires. The platform offers a library of 315 scientifically validated tests that measure a variety of skills, from job-specific competencies like coding or digital marketing to more general abilities like critical thinking.
The duration of a TestGorilla assessment can vary significantly, as companies can use as few as one test and one custom question or as many as five tests and 20 custom questions. However, TestGorilla advises companies to keep assessments under an hour to maintain a positive candidate experience. Exceptions are made for software development assessments, which include coding tests and may surpass the 60-minute mark.
No, you cannot pause a test once you’ve started it. However, you can take as long as you want between tests. Remember, each test is timed, and the clock is constantly visible, so you’ll likely be under constant time pressure while taking the assessment.
No, once you skip a question on the TestGorilla assessment, you will not be given a chance to go back and see a skipped question. Therefore, if you find yourself struggling with a question, it might be wiser to make an educated guess.
Preparation for a TestGorilla test involves understanding the format and content of the tests, practicing with similar assessments, brushing up on basic skills, and taking care of your physical and mental health. It’s important to remember that each TestGorilla assessment is unique and can contain custom questions written by the company as well as ready-made tests created by TestGorilla.
We hope these answers are helpful as you prepare for your TestGorilla assessment. If you have any additional questions, don’t hesitate to reach out for more information.
Conclusion: Ready to Ace Your TestGorilla Assessment
Now that you have a better understanding of the TestGorilla platform, the experiences of past test takers, and some practical strategies for preparation, you are well-equipped to face your upcoming TestGorilla assessment with confidence.
Remember, while the test may seem challenging, it’s designed to uncover your true skills and potential. The purpose is not to trick you, but to provide employers with an accurate representation of your abilities. By following the preparation strategies outlined in this post, you are setting yourself up for success.
Don’t let the unique structure or the range of potential tests intimidate you. With the right mindset and adequate preparation, you can showcase your skills and qualities effectively. Remember, the test is just one part of the hiring process, and it’s an opportunity for you to shine.
We wish you the best of luck on your TestGorilla assessment. Remember to stay calm, stay focused, and believe in your abilities. You’ve got this!